Thursday, July 4, 2013

Banana WHAT?!

Banana Pancakes. Not just banana flavored pancakes. And there are no banana chunks in these bad boys. I'm talking: blend a banana in a food processor with an egg, a little cinnamon and vanilla, and voila! Pancake batter. WHAT?! Ridiculous? You don't believe that it's that easy? Well, it is AND it's not. The batter really is as easy as it sounds. It's the cooking part I'm having trouble with. The consistency of these 'pancakes' is similar to a crepe, but somehow still puffy like a pancake. I can't seem to cook them on low enough heat. If I cook them low and long, they get really dark (but they don't taste burnt, so this is how I ended up cooking them all). I did experiment with high and fast, but they just spread all over the pan and they were difficult to flip. I topped them with a delicious peanut butter syrup made from 1 Tsp pb and 2 Tsp agave syrup. You can use whatever syrup you want, tho. All in all a hit, but they took a really long time. I don't think I'll make them again unless I have a griddle. Making them in a pan takes just WAY TOO LONG! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA AND AMERICA!!!!! My bestie, Jessica Milligan (not Jessica Blow) was born on the fourth of July, just like Uncle Sam. :D Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment